Its inspired by a recipe from Emily at http://www.thefrontburnerblog.com/
Quinoa Stuffed Courgette
You will need:
1 large courgette
1 small can on corn
1/2 t cumin
1/2 t chilli flakes
2 cloves of garlic
zest of 1 lemon
juice of 1/2 lemon
40g grated parmesan
salt and pepper
1. Pre heat oven to 190 degrees finely chop the garlic and put in the pan BEFORE it gets hot (this stops the garlic from catching and going bitter), then once the pan warms up add in the finely chopped onion. Fry until cooked.
2. Whilst the Onion is cooking, get the quinoa on, as per instruction on the box, boil with water and vegetable stock
3. Now whilst your onions are frying and the quinoa is boiling, top and tail the courgette
4. then scoop out the soft fleshy insides, a melon baller works best for this, but a spoon will do.
5. Add into the onions pan, your tin of corn (drained) and the soft insides of the courgette (roughly chopped).
Add in the Cumin, Chilli flakes, parsley and salt and pepper, stir in well.
6. once the quinoa is cooked add this to the onions mix, stir well and add in the lemon zest and juice and 2/3 of the grated parmesan, stir in well and taste, at this stage you can add in extra of any of your ingredients if it needs more flavour or more of a Kick!
7. Spoon the mixture into the halved courgettes on top of a tin foiled tray, and top with the remainder of the grated parmesan.