Monday 30 August 2010

Fudgy Brownies

 

Hey there peeps.  How are you all? I hope you had a great Monday.  I see a few new faces around here lately so a big welcome along to my new readers, i hope you like the bloggy and hang around.  And i just wanted to say thanks for all your comments i love each and every one of them! and thanks also to the readers who dont/cant comment i appreciate you stopping by too!

I only have one foody picture for you today, breakfast, a peach, strawbs and a raspberry muffin (these turned out ok i think i just undercooked them, so i will share the recipe later in the week)

 1

I went out for lunch with my work colleagues, this is the meal that i called ahead at the end of last week and asked them to prepare me a vegan meal, WELL they DID.NOT.DISSAPOINT! it was amazing, the chef made a me a superb veggie stir fry with rice, everything was cooked to perfection, in a home made sauce that was thick and a little bit sweet and a little bit salty, and hmmmm OH MY! there were a tonne of different veggies in there too, he really went all out for me! i was delighted, then he had prepared me a fruit plate with strawberries, raspberries and physalis, again OH MY! i was delighted – a bit of a different story from my meal out on Saturday night huh! phoning ahead is definitely the way to go, i’ll be doing that more often in future! i wish i could have got pics for you!

We were still eating lunch at 2.30pm so i wasnt hungry, i had 1 slice of toast with PB, some strawbs and a small bowl of cheerio's for dinner – unpictured, the battery died so it was charging.

So these were the Teapig samples i was sent to try out:
Popcorn tea

Rooibos Creme Caramel

Chocolate Flake Tea

Jasmine Pearls

Darjeeling Earl Grey

2

I tried the popcorn tea, it was pretty good, completely different to anything i’ve tried before, there is definitely a distinct flavour, aftertaste and smell of popcorn, its amazing! you could totally be at the cinema, its not over powering though, its not strong, just a subtle flavour and beautiful after taste! i would buy a box of this flavour.

3

So here’s the Vegan Fudgy Brownie recipe as promised:

I must give full credit to Angela from Oh She Glows, check out the link for the original recipe, her pics are way better than mine, but i’m sure the brownies tasted just the same.

Vegan Fudgy Brownies

I always like to lay all my ingredients out before doing anything, makes life easier!

4.5 

1 Avocado

162g Brown Sugar (1C)

90ml Agave (Angela used Maple syrup but i didnt have any) (1/3C)

2T Vegetable Oil

1T Ground Flax

2t Vanilla Essence

2t Coffee Granules

43g Dark Chocolate (angela used chips, i used finely chopped dark choc) (1/3C)

167g Wholemeal Plain Flour (1 1/4 C)

69g Cocoa Powder (3/4C)

1/2t Baking Powder

1/4t Baking Soda

1/2t Salt

Set oven to 175degrees (350)

Blend the Avocado till smooth, then add the sugar, agave, oil, ground flax and coffee

4 

And Blend

6

Now mix the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and powder and salt

5

And slowly add in the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, till well mixed together – LOOK.AT.THIS.DOUGH!

Then add the chocolate chips and stir through

 7

Now dollop (definitely more of a dollop than a pour! this is sooo thick!) into an 8”x8” lined baking tin

8

And i found the best thing to do was put on some disposable gloves (you could use bear hands but i’m a bit of a prude like that!) dampen with cold water and get stuck in and smooth it out, it was the only way!

9

And bake for 20 – 25 minutes – Angela says make sure you bake for no more than 25 minutes, i did mine bang on 25 minutes, she also suggesting letting cool for approx 30 minutes i think then popping into the freezer to set for 30 minutes, i didnt do this, i just let it cool naturally and then cut

10

When cut into 16 piece (which is pretty small – but personally i dont think you need the pieces any bigger) its 135 cals per square.

11

These are heavy and doughy and claggy and really really stick to the roof of your mouth, theres nothing light about these, but you know what thats what brownies are all about – you want light and moist you bake a cake, you want doughy and claggy you bake brownies!

Purrrrrrfecto!

Coming up: cookies recipe, more Teapigs reviews and the New Blog Celebratory Giveaway!

7 comments:

  1. The brownies look fabulous, adding that to my 'to bake list!'

    I love teapigs popcorn tea! So comforting :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh snap, brownies are haunting me right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooohhh I'm very curious about the chocolate flake tea... x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh those brownies look delicious! Glad your meal turned out so good, I might have to use that when I'm eating out so I can get healthy options! I love the popcorn tea, after I'd tried it in the samples I've had to review I bought a full box, but I am a green tea freak!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I saw that recipe on Angela's page- its great you converted from cups to grams as I always have problems. I have a cup scoop thing but it is hard to measure the wet ingredients using it.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. mmmmn, brownies. The teas sound nice too. Will be interested to hear about the chocolate one... though it would have to be incredible to convert me to being a tea drinker!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yummm, those brownies look awesome!!!

    Jen
    http://jenslosinit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete